Jul 8, 2013

An Evening Walk Through the Yard

I just wanted to share the walk I had through our yard this evening.  The weather was beautiful!

The blueberries are growing

Yellow primroses

Shrub Roses

I love this variety of peony

Poppy petals have fallen



I am not sure what this is?  Any ideas?

Spiderwort

A different variety of peony

Lilies getting ready!

Dianthus or pinks



Bee balm or monarda

Tuberous begonia

Dahlias budding

More dianthus

Borage

Dill

Peas blossoming

Edamame

Lots of baby tomatoes started!  I can't wait for the BLT's.

Love-Lies-Bleeding

Tomatillo blossom

Cleome

Hot peppers

Trying this technique with the cabbage family plants - bird netting over them to keep the moths (and later, the caterpillars) away.  So far it is working!

Kale

Pole beans - mixed colors yellow, purple and green

Clematis

Raspberries

Hollyhocks (and a matching friend - can you see him?)

Lavatera

Horseradish

Lavatera bud

Cucumbers are coming!  Do any of you think mulching cucumbers is a good idea?
I've been wondering about it.

Red Asparagus beans (an experiment this year)

Yellow onions in a raised bed

Variegated thyme

Mint

Martha Washington Geranium

The weeping birch is growing

The hop vines are coming



Tomatoes in earth box

Mesclun mix



Sweet peppers are growing!

One of my favorite romaine lettuces - "Freckles"
Carrots in one of the square foot gardens

Baby eggplant

Bachelor buttons

Thank you for joining me on this walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment