Jun 4, 2018

I'm Back!

Well, it's been about 4 years since I posted.  Oh my goodness, the time has just flown!  We've been quite busy and have since added another member to our family, Lil' Bit, who is now almost 2!  Lil' Lass is almost 4 already.  It has been a very busy last couple of years, as I'm sure all you parents of young children/children can relate to.  Lately, I've slowly gotten back into doing some fun cooking and baking.  With the cooking and baking, has come the desire to get back into blogging.  So here I am!




I have decided to change the title of my blog to "The Kissing Crust."  I was excited to learn this baking term I'd never heard of before!  The term "kissing crust" refers to the pale, soft edge on a loaf of bread where it has touched another loaf while baking. I feel like this idea of not being quite on top of things (like separating the pans of bread in the oven quickly enough) and yet still getting a yummy finished product that will nourish my family accurately demonstrates my cooking, baking and life right now.

So what have I been cooking lately?  This was a fun Greek plate that was a huge hit with my family!








It had Greek Chicken Skewers, Turmeric Feta Rice, Tzatziki, and Homemade Naan (recipes to follow).



I've been experimenting with my sous vide immersion cooker.  I just love it and can't wait to share with you what I've learned. 





Spring has arrived and we are headed feet first into summer.  The temps have been in the upper 80's during the day all week!  We've been busily planting the garden and flower beds, and I'm so excited for the little greenhouse my dear husband is building.  We are going to fill it with tomatoes and peppers to grow in all summer.













The girls have been enjoying bubbles, tulips and other spring flowers, and the warm weather.











I'll be posting another post soon!  I'm so excited to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment