Aug 22, 2013

Tasty Rice Dish

This was one of those dishes that just kind of "fell" together.  But we loved it so much I wanted to try to write it down. 

I started out with some miscellaneous vegetables I had around - snow peas, red and yellow onions, mushrooms, red and yellow sweet peppers and cucumbers.




I sauteed the vegetables lightly in a pan with low-fat honey mustard dressing (what can I say, I was feeling adventurous).



Then, I put some leftover cooked jasmine rice in a bowl and added a couple of gloops of horseradish sauce (yay!  finished off that container from the fridge!)


Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the finished product because I forgot to take one!  And by the time I remembered the rice was gone. 

Tasty Rice Dish

3 - 4 cups leftover jasmine rice
1 tablespoon-ish horseradish sauce

Stir together.

Lightly saute about 1/2 cup of each chopped vegetables: snow peas, onions, mushrooms, mixed sweet peppers, and cucumbers in about 1/4 cup honey mustard dressing (you can certainly change the vegetables as you please!).

Add sauteed vegetables to rice, along with 1 or 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1-3 teaspoons sesame oil.  Then, add the rice to the pan and cook, stirring very often, just until heated through.  That is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment