Aug 31, 2013

Tasty New Mashed Potatoes

Good day!  Lately, I have found myself with a plethora of little potatoes around, and have been looking for creative ways to use them.  One of the ways I came up with was these mashed potatoes. They were a big hit with us!


The boiled little potatoes.  I like to leave the skins on for a little extra nutrition (plus it saves a lot of time!). 




Using the potato masher to start breaking up the potatoes.  I love my old, old potato masher.  I think it came from my great-grandma?




Adding fresh ground pepper and stirring in the other ingredients. 




I like to leave my mashed potatoes a little bit chunky - just enough to give the dish some texture.  But you can mash them as much or as little as you want!
 




A perfect accompaniment to grilled lamb rib chops and massaged kale salad!




Tasty New Mashed Potatoes


  • 2 pounds baby red potatoes
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • dash nutmeg

Wash potatoes, and boil for about 20 minutes until tender.  Drain.  Put butter and cream cheese in a medium size bowl, and top with hot potatoes.  Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until they are your desired consistency.  By this time the butter and cream cheese should be pretty much melted into the potatoes.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Place in a greased 1 quart baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown and potatoes are nice and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment