Mar 28, 2014

Use-What-You-Have-In-Your-Kitchen Ice Cream Parfait

What do you do when you want a fast, delicious, beautiful dessert?  As I was in this boat, I opened cupboard doors, the pantry doors, the refrigerator door, and the freezer door, trying to see what I had around.  I decided to make a kind of ice cream parfait in a wine glass.  It turned out beautiful and oh-so-tasty.

One of the things I really liked about this idea is that you can just make this with ingredients that you have on hand!  Plus, it was really quick and easy to put together. 




Use-What-You-Have-In-Your-Kitchen Ice Cream Parfait


  • a scoop or two of ice cream (I used vanilla)
  • fresh strawberries, sliced (you could probably use any fruit)
  • caramel topping (or chocolate, or fudge, or butterscotch .... you get the idea!)
  • toasted pecans (or any kind of nut)
  • whipped cream (if you want)
  • what else would you like?

Layer ingredients in a wine glass, bowl, or whatever you would like to use.  Enjoy immediately (or you could place the desserts in the freezer for a bit of time if you needed to make them early.  I wouldn't let them get too frozen though!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment